Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Marisa+Chris // Engagement


Love is like a really good slow cooked soup.  It takes time to simmer and time for the flavors to take shape and round out into a really robust and flavorful experience.  This is one of those love stories that took it's sweet time.  Marisa and Chris fell in love in their twenties, after a year of being friends, he finally got up the gumption to ask her out.  They spent the next 3 years of their lives together, and shared some really good times.  After three awesome years, they decided to part ways.  They both had a little growing up to do, and needed to spread their wings on their own.  After 6 years of being apart, love brought them back together, and Chris proposed to her in Santa Barbara, my homeland of all places!  Circle back to NY, and now I am documenting their story. As camera shy as they are, I am very happy they trusted me to be a part of telling this story.  There are so many classic elements to this, I couldn't be happier with the way our shoot turned out.  I love that we shot on the rooftop of their Hell's Kitchen apartment, with the city skyline and industrial elements that are so NY!  From their  roof, we went back to the inside of their apartment, and then made our way to the handball court right outside of their apartment.  Who knew that the handball court would basically be an outdoor photo cyc??   Engagement photo sessions like this, are my favorite!  It's a chance to get to know the couple, feel them out in front of the camera, and bring a little story telling to the day.  I can't wait for their big day, and I'll be sharing those images with you later this year! 

xo
amber

No comments:

Post a Comment